About Me

My photo
I am a blogger who specializes in using blogs to blog.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Peak of Exhaustion

It is now 11:32 PM, well...11:33 now, apparently, and I am awake.

There is no possible reason on this Earth that I should be awake at this particular moment. I am so exhausted right now that I can barely see the words I am currently typing on screen. I've just done four straight days of the most emotionally and physically exhausting show I've ever done in my life, and I'm running on about three hours of sleep from the night before. Everyone else in my house is asleep, my parents, my sister, even my cat (which is saying something, for Columbus the cat, I swear he's ADHD)

Why, I ask you now, am I not?

I would, in my slightly semi-conscious state, like to announce that as of today, at around 3:45 PM, I am officially no longer either Christina Goulet or, regretfully, Chrissy Gullet. The famed plastic compact mirror used by Chrissy for the entirety of the first act will, in fact, be burned as soon as I can find a way to do it, and the fifteen pounds of pink, sparkly lipgloss will be used in some sort of amusing prank on my sister. I'm thinking of keeping the bright magenta lipstick worn by Christina in acts two and three, though I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with it. I was, unfortunately, not allowed to keep the long Doctor Who-like scarf she wears at the end of act three, or the rather awesome brown beret. I was, however, allowed to keep the script, which was more than I can say for a few different plays I've been in.

At this point, I think I might faint if I keep typing any longer. I don't think I've been this tired since my first all-day rehearsal at the Palace, which coincidentally was also my first full three days of midterms...also very exhausting if I remember right. I'd like to write more, and I haven't written in a while, but I don't think I can hold out much longer without snoring. I'll write more at some point, I promise.

From the brink of unconsciousness,

*Nelly*

3 comments:

mrimk said...

I am nearly dying with anticipation for this weekend. And I am saddened by the fact that I could not see your play and that you are now inflicted with insomnia. It makes me laugh that while your cat has ADHD, mine has Asperger's Syndrome. I'm pretty sure I spelt that wrong.

Amaya-Fire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amaya-Fire said...

We need to do something now that you aren't in a play. And don't worry about your cat, my fish is hyperactive. X)