About Me

My photo
I am a blogger who specializes in using blogs to blog.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Nervous Energy Personified

I really shouldn't be writing right now, it's nearly one in the morning and I have to be up at quarter to nine tomorrow, but since I can't sleep I figured I'd come and bug my readers for a while. Sorry everyone, humor me.

I should mention now that I'm not going to be able to write much for the next few weeks here as I've just gotten a lead in the play "While the Lights Were Out" which is a "comedy-murder farce" or something...

Anyway, I play Sergeant Alma Threedle (yes, that's really her name) who is the assistant of Detective Inspector Benjamin Braddock. The only problem is, Detective Inspector Benjamin Braddock is a bit like that detective from the Pink Panther movies (whose name I can't spell, and am not going to try at 1:00 AM) which leaves his assistant, Sergeant Alma Threedle, to basically solve the entire case herself by taking notes for a detective novel she's writing.

Yes, that's right everyone, I get to solve the murder. Not only that, but I get to point a pistol at several different characters while doing it. I start out as sort of a side character, that the audience doesn't really notice all that much, since all I'm doing is taking notes and observing. As soon as Lord Clive Wickenham (yes, that really is his name, interesting names in this play) gets murdered, however, I never shut up.

ninety-eight pages in this script, NINETY-EIGHT. There are only six I don't have a line on. This means that I speak at least once on ninety-two pages of script.








I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!


*ahem*

I should probably spare you anymore of my very early morning ramblings. I did ask you to humor me, this is my first actual lead and to be honest I'm a bit nervous...we had the read-through on Thursday and I managed to stub my toe twice, and mis-pronounce the word "examine" (I believe I said "examinated"). I was all excited and hyper, but insanly frightened all at once. I think that's how it's going to be for the rest of the show's run. The most fun I've had in a while, but probably the most nerve-wracking as well. Nervous energy personified, that'll be me for the next month.

Do you know what happened while the lights were out?

*Nelly*

No comments: